About the Academy
The Onsite Construction Academy is a three-year training, work experience and employment scheme funded by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and delivered by Cardiff Council’s Into Work Advice Service. We are based on Wates’ Residential development site in Rumney, Cardiff.
When you complete your training, we aim to provide you with onsite experience, apprenticeship and employment opportunities across southeast Wales.
To qualify for our support you must be:
- Unemployed, or
- Changing from a career in another sector, or a
- Construction Diploma student
- Over 16 years of age (no upper age limit)
- Living in the following local authorities:
– Blaenau Gwent,
– Neath Port Talbot,
– Rhondda Cynon Taf,
– Vale of Glamorgan.
We work with the following groups:
To help secure sustainable employment through our partnership with local employers and contractors.
Further education students
To provide practical experience to complement classroom-based studies.
To ensure the best outcomes for learners.
We accept referrals from partners including:
- local authorities,
- government employment organisations,
- employability support projects,
- housing associations, and
- further education colleges
To develop training schemes and work placement opportunities for potential employees